Combat Aircraft: B-36 Peacemaker Units of the Cold War By Osprey
Regular price $20.99 Sale price
- OSP-CA144 Combat Aircraft: B-36 Peacemaker Units of the Cold War by Osprey Publication.
- The Convair B-36 Peacemaker was the largest bomber ever built. The B-36 was developed as a very long-range heavy bomber, with a range of up to 10,000 miles. The B-36 had a unique and rare appearance as it was powered by 6 pusher prop R-4360 radial engines on the back of the wings. Later models would add jet engine pods under each wing, giving the B-36 the nickname "6 Turning and 4 Burning". The B-36 Peacemaker flew with the United States Air Force's Strategic Air Command from 1946 till 1959. The B-36 Peacemaker bomber came in many versions, including reconnaissance versions. The B-36 would have been an affective bomber till about 1952 when it started to become obsolete. The last B-36 Peacemaker flew to the boneyard in 1959, thus ending the career of the biggest bomber ever built. The B-36 has always been a fan favorite with airplane lovers worldwide. Sadly, only 4 B-36's survive in the world today. The B-36 Peacemaker was also nicknamed the "Magnesium Overcast", because much of the structure of the B-36 was made out of magnesium and because it was such a big airplane.
0.1 to 0.5lb = $4.95 USD
0.6 to 0.9lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9lb = $9.95 USD
2.0 to 2.9lb = $12.95 USD
- Fast Same Day Shipping!
- Free Shipping on Orders over $75.00 USD!
- All orders are generally shipped the same day of order!
- Shipping Rate Costs include the price for the carrier, time spent packaging, and packaging material used to ship the products.
- All Orders will be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be Shipped via UPS.
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. A full refund will be made of the total cost of the item. Return of item/items is appreciated.
- We will replace your item or make a full refund for any reason of lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Please email us at email@example.com or text 570-637-4727. We will happily help you with any problems. We are a family-friendly oriented business.