F3D Skynight In Action Aircraft Book
- The Douglas F3D Skyknight was the US Navy's first all-weather, carrier-based jet fighter. This book chronicles the development and operational history of the F3D from the Korean War, to service in Vietnam. Packed with numerous wartime photos, this book features both USN and Marine aircraft.
- The US Navy's first all-weather jet fighter, the Douglas F3D Skyknight, traces its origins to 1945, when the Navy began studies for a jet-powered carrier-based night fighter. Ready for service when war broke out in Korea in 1950, the Skyknight, also known as Willy the Whale, proved its worth in the capable hands of pilots and radar operators with Marine Night Fighter Squadron VMF(N)-513. The F3D scored the highest number of aerial victories for an all-weather jet fighter in that conflict. Later, in the late 1950s and 1960s, Douglas Aircraft, in conjunction with the Navy and Marine Corps, modified a number of the Skyknights to perform a variety of tasks. This book chronicles the development and operational history of the Navy fighter from conception to duty in the Korean War, to service as a night interceptor in Vietnam, where it was an ECM/ELINT platform, jamming North Vietnamese missile and anti-aircraft sites. Packed with never-before-published photographs covering the entire operational life of the F3D-1/2, F3D-2B, F3D-1/2M, F3D-2T2, and the EF-10B variants.
- Pages: 80
- Size: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: MMD-Squadron Signal
- ISBN: 9780897476850
- Product Code: SS685
0.1 to 0.9 lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9 lb = $9.95 USD
2.0 to 3.0 lb = $11.95 USD
- Free Shipping on Orders over $60.00 USD!
- All orders are generally shipped 1 to 2 business days.
- Shipping Rate Costs are based on weight, and materials used to package the item/s.
- All Orders will usually be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be shipped via UPS.
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. We will fully refund you for stolen, damaged, or lost item/s. Otherwise, all sales are considered final.
- Please email us at email@example.com. We will happily help you with any problems. We are a family-friendly oriented business.
Please Note: We are currently a 2-person part-time team running Warbird Bunker Trading Company LLC. We are not always able to take phone calls but we do check for sales and emails throughout every day of the week. Best way to reach us is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You So Much! :)