OSP-XP9 Osprey Publications X-Planes: Dornier Do335 Book
Regular price $19.99 Sale price
- OSP-XP9 Osprey Publications X-Planes: Dornier Do335 Book.
- Dornier Do 335 is presented through 80 pages in Six chapters.
- If the adage concerning aircraft states ‘if it looks good, it flies good’, then Dornier’s Do 335 ought not to have performed well at all. However, this large and strange-looking type – even more bizarrely known as the Pfeil (arrow) – was one of the world’s fastest piston-powered air-combat machines and is the subject of Osprey’s ninth X-Planes book, highlighting its status as a highly experimental type. The engaging text explains how the Do 335 intended to reap the benefit of two engines without the performance deficit associated with twin fairings, so utilized the unusual tractor-pusher configuration with a propeller at each end. Unfortunately, issues with cooling the rear powerplant, undercarriage retraction systems plus development varying between fighter and bomber requirements – including variants intended for a combination of these roles, for training and night-fighting – meant the type wasn’t ready for combat during World War Two. As such, airframes fell into Allied hands – legendary test pilot Captain Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown suggested the type had been produced before its issues were “wrung out”, yet it remained a high-potential night-fighter. Supporting the text, period photos and diagrams, plus full-color profiles, cutaway drawings and digital artwork add greatly to this highly engaging study.
0.1 to 0.5lb = $4.95 USD
0.6 to 0.9lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9lb = $9.95 USD
2.0 to 2.9lb = $12.95 USD
- Fast Same Day Shipping!
- Free Shipping on Orders over $50.00 USD!
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. A full refund will be made of the total cost of the item. Return of item/items is appreciated.
- All orders are generally shipped the same day of order!
- Shipping Rate Costs include the price for the carrier, time spent packaging, and packaging material used to ship the products.
- All Orders will be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be Shipped via UPS.