F-84F Thunderstreak Walkaround Aircraft Book
Regular price $19.95 Sale price
- This book provides close-up details of the Republic F-84F Thunderstreak jet fighter and it's service during the Cold War. Illustrated with over 250 photos, color profiles, and line drawings.
- The success of the F-86 Sabre prompted Republic to design its own swept-wing aircraft. The prototype of the Thunderstreak, designated the YF-96A, took to the skies in 1950. The F-84F could reach a top speed of 695 mph, and in March 1955, the Thunderstreak set a transcontinental speed record by flying from Los Angeles to New York in just 3 hours and 33 minutes. On the basis of the F-84F design, a photo-reconnaissance version, known as the RF-84F Thunderflash, was also developed and placed into production in 1952. Program delays plagued the development of the F-84F, and active-duty phaseout began almost as soon as it entered service in 1954. By 1958 the F-84F was relegated to the Air National Guard. The Thunderstreak served as NATO's front-line fighter-bomber during the 1950s, and France successfully sent F-84Fs into battle against Egypt during the 1956 Suez Canal Crisis. The F-84F remained in service with several European air forces for decades, with Greece retiring its last Thunderstreak in 1984.
- Pages: 80
- Size: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: MMD-Squadron Signal
- ISBN: 9780897475884
- Product Code: SS588
- Fast Same Day Shipping!
- Free Shipping on Orders over $50.00 USD!
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. A full refund will be made of the total cost of the item. Return of item/items is appreciated.
- All orders are generally shipped the same day of order!
- Shipping Rate Costs include the price for the carrier, time spent packaging, and packaging material used to ship the products.
- All Orders will be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be Shipped via UPS.
Free Shipping on Orders over $50.00 USD.
0.1 to 0.9lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9lb = $10.95 USD
2.0 to 2.9lb = $12.95 USD
3.0 to 4.0lb = $19.95 USD