F-84F Thunderstreak Walkaround Aircraft Book
- This book provides close-up details of the Republic F-84F Thunderstreak jet fighter and it's service during the Cold War. Illustrated with over 250 photos, color profiles, and line drawings.
- The success of the F-86 Sabre prompted Republic to design its own swept-wing aircraft. The prototype of the Thunderstreak, designated the YF-96A, took to the skies in 1950. The F-84F could reach a top speed of 695 mph, and in March 1955, the Thunderstreak set a transcontinental speed record by flying from Los Angeles to New York in just 3 hours and 33 minutes. On the basis of the F-84F design, a photo-reconnaissance version, known as the RF-84F Thunderflash, was also developed and placed into production in 1952. Program delays plagued the development of the F-84F, and active-duty phaseout began almost as soon as it entered service in 1954. By 1958 the F-84F was relegated to the Air National Guard. The Thunderstreak served as NATO's front-line fighter-bomber during the 1950s, and France successfully sent F-84Fs into battle against Egypt during the 1956 Suez Canal Crisis. The F-84F remained in service with several European air forces for decades, with Greece retiring its last Thunderstreak in 1984.
- Pages: 80
- Size: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: MMD-Squadron Signal
- ISBN: 9780897475884
- Product Code: SS588
0.1 to 0.9 lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9 lb = $9.95 USD
2.0 to 3.0 lb = $11.95 USD
- Free Shipping on Orders over $60.00 USD!
- All orders are generally shipped 1 to 2 business days.
- Shipping Rate Costs are based on weight, and materials used to package the item/s.
- All Orders will usually be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be shipped via UPS.
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. We will fully refund you for stolen, damaged, or lost item/s. Otherwise, all sales are considered final.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will happily help you with any problems. We are a family-friendly oriented business.
Please Note: We are currently a 2-person part-time team running Warbird Bunker Trading Company LLC. We are not always able to take phone calls but we do check for sales and emails throughout every day of the week. Best way to reach us is to email us at email@example.com.
Thank You So Much! :)