Naval Fighters: Chance Vought F7U Cutlass Book
- GIN94 Naval Fighters: Chance Vought F7U Cutlass Book.
- (Naval Fighters Number Ninety-Four)
- 129 Pages
- Informational and detailed images about the revolutionary Chance Vought F7U Cutlass U.S. Navy Jet Fighter. The F7U Cutlass was a 1950's Naval fighter jet aircraft that was ahead of its time. But an underpowered engine caused problems that eventually caused the F7U Cutlass to be retired.
- Learn how, in 1946, the Navy embarked on the development of the Chance Vought F7U-1 Cutlass, a high-performance, carrier-based jet fighter.
In 1946, the Navy embarked on the development of the Chance Vought F7U-1 Cutlass, a high-performance, carrier-based jet fighter that would be equal, if not superior, to any land-based fighter. It was tailless for compactness and weight reduction and incorporated afterburning jet engines for transonic speed performance and unparalleled rate of climb. This is a detailed account of how its bright promise went unrealized because the technology required to fulfill it was not yet mature. More than 200 pictures, many not previously published, and almost 70 illustrations, most created for this monograph by the author, augment the 44,000 words of text.
Size: 8.5 X 11 (inches)
Illustrations: more than 200 photos and 70 illustrations
Publisher: Steve Ginter
Product Code: GB147
- We Ship 1 day or less!
- Get a 15% off coupon with purchase.
About the Author:
Tommy H. Thomason
Tommy H. Thomason has worked as a flight test engineer, manager, and executive in the aerospace industry for almost 40 years, including two years as a flight test engineer on the F-4 Phantom. He has flown more than 3,000 hours in 60 different airplanes, helicopters, and sailplanes.
- Fast Same Day Shipping!
- Free Shipping on Orders over $50.00 USD!
- 14 Day Return Policy at the time of order. A full refund will be made of the total cost of the item. Return of item/items is appreciated.
- All orders are generally shipped the same day of order!
- Shipping Rate Costs include the price for the carrier, time spent packaging, and packaging material used to ship the products.
- All Orders will be shipped via USPS Mail. Large or heavier items may be Shipped via UPS.
Free Shipping on Orders over $50.00 USD.
0.1 to 0.9lb = $5.95 USD
1.0 to 1.9lb = $10.95 USD
2.0 to 2.9lb = $12.95 USD
3.0 to 4.0lb = $19.95 USD